Techlessly speaking
Techlessly speaking

New schedule includes time for teachers to teach both online and in- person students

Teachers share their perspectives on the new schedule

Quinnly Mercer, Staff Reporter
Originally published June 11, 2021

Brook Brayman, English teacher, teaches to students remotely from in-person classes (Quinnly Mercer)

As students have been allowed to go back to in-person school there are still COVID-19 regulations concerning the capacity of people allowed in the building. To keep the capacity in public schools low, there have been cohorts formed to go on specific days; this means on some days students are online while other students are in-person at the same time.

Teachers have had to teach the online and in-person students simultaneously which has looked difficult. Biology teacher Noam Gundle finds teaching online and in-person students simultaneously to be difficult. 

“Yes, teaching is very difficult. Almost impossible,” Gundle said. “I can never give the online students the same kind of attention.”  

Brook Brayman, English teacher, also explains his perspective on the new schedule. 

“I don’t find it difficult, my teaching hasn’t changed much and giving assignments online can sometimes be easier,” Brayman said. 

These teacher perspectives have given insight on what school will be like for both teachers and students for the rest of the school year. Teaching has been difficult it seems which could also be useful information for a possible upcoming schedule for next year’s school year.