ASB welcomes newly elected freshman officers

The students are excited to represent the class of 2023

Paige Anderson, Sports Editor
Originally published November 27, 2019

The freshman elections allow ASB to ensure that all students have an opportunity to exercise their voice within the school. This year’s election was declared a victory for freshmen Hugo Bieniawski, Cassidy Sylves and John Gibson. 

Bieniawski has been appointed to ambassadors and is very excited to input his ideas and experience something different within the school. 

“I wanted to bring what I have to the table,” Bieniawski said.  “I have some friends on ASB and it sounded like a new, fun thing.”  

ASB allows students to expand their social circle and interact with other grades. 

“I get to meet a lot of new people and have an influence on what it means to be class of 2023,” Bieniawski said. 

ASB focuses heavily on the connections between students, staff and the community as well. 

“I’m looking forward to building stronger bonds with people on ASB and the freshman class as a whole.”  

Although Bieniawski knew he wanted to run for a while and why, it’s a different story for freshman John Gibson who ran sporadically. But he recieved the majority of students votes and is now the ambassadors. 

“My goal is to listen to what the freshman class has to say and try to implement that,” Gibson said. “I like having a role to play within the school.”

Freshman Cassidy Sylves is the new ambassadors for her class and wanted to be involved in ASB so she should help build the school’s community. 

“I ran so I could help bring Ballard into a more family environment,” Sylves said. 

Most students are interested in ASB because they want to make an impact or help the school grow.  

“The people in ASB all have the motivation to make a change,” Sylves said. “I’m looking forward to helping Ballard grow in the class of 2023.”