Techlessly speaking
Techlessly speaking

Third Annual “Mr. Bucky” male pageant an entertaining success

Senior class raises money to help with prom costs 

Nancy MacGeorge, Staff Reporter
Originally published April 7, 2014

PhotographerCaption caption caption

Photographer

Caption caption caption

Started by senior Blair Morgan in 2010, “Mr. Bucky”, a male pageant for senior boys, has become a new springtime tradition at BHS. It was originally for Morgan’s senior project, to raise money for breast cancer in honor of her mother.

This year, on the night of April 3, the show was a little different. Due to a lack of senior participants, Mr. Bucky was opened up to junior boys as well. Jake Cameron and Brian Cropp represented the junior class.

Senior girls Kiana Louisor and Hana Tadesse hosted the event, introducing the boys and commenting on both their attire and actions throughout the night. The judges of the pageant included Ms. Burr, senior “Class Clown” Angelica Liu, and Sarah Otness, a Ballard alumnus who was a previous host of Mr. Bucky.

The show opened with a dance number to “Hey Big Spender”. The boys were all dressed formally, and used chairs as props. They received great applause from the audience before they went backstage to prepare for the first of three sections; formalwear.

Each contestant made an entrance to the stage while being introduced by Louisor and Tadesse. They then drew a question out of the hat that they had to answer on the spot.

Highlights from the section included senior Miles Erikson, who claimed that in ten years he would be “making two sandwiches and putting them in a brown bag” for his kids, and senior Max Marshall, who told the crowd that his “ambition in life is to change people and make them better by motivating and inspiring them.”

The second section was pajama wear and pick-up lines.

The final section was talent, which displayed the broad range of skills that the eleven contestants have.

The night ended with a closing performance of “Talk Dirty to Me,” followed by awards presentations. Senior Sean Adair was deemed the 3rd annual “Mr. Bucky”.