G-eazy Performs At WaMu Theater

When It’s Dark Out Tour comes to Seattle

Lily Rehfeldt, Staff Reporter
Originally published January 17, 2016

Lily Rehfeldt

G-Eazy performs one of his hit singles, “Drifting” Featuring Chris Brown and Tory Lanez off of his new album “When It’s Dark Out.” The crowd recited every word throughout the song.

In a large convention center was a stage and couple hundred bleachers and few thousand screaming fans. Rapper Gerald Earl Gillum, better known at G-Eazy, played his second show of his When It’s Dark Out Tour at the WaMu theater in downtown Seattle on Jan. 7. Teens waited in line for four hours in 30 degree weather to get as close as they could.

As soon as the doors opened at 6:45 p.m. teens rushed in and ran to the stage. It was not long until the whole floor was filled with pushy people and you could feel the heartbeat of the person right next to you.

Nef the Pharaoh (Tonee Hayes) opened first to pump up the crowd. Many people knew him from his hit song “Big Timin’,” but playing his recent songs you could see people writing down his name like they were going to look more into him after the concert.

Marc E. Bassy was after. You could hear the screams throughout the venue. So many people were excited to hear his fresh and unique voice. Playing one of his most popular songs “Somethings Never Change” and leading the audience in a call and response “Money, fame, always on my brain” and then all together “Some things never change.”

The most impressive act before G-Eazy was the famous A$AP Ferg, playing his most popular songs that everyone knows by heart. For example “Work, Shappa and New Level” had the whole crowed jumping so high it seemed like they were on the top of the world.

Finally the night got one-hundred times better. The lights went pitch black and G-Eazy came out. He was wearing his famous leather jacket with “when it’s dark out” on the back. His hair was gelled back.

Starting off the night he played the second song on his new album “Random” with everyone yelling every word to it as loud as they possibly could. One after another it felt like the whole room got louder and louder, each person knowing all the words to every song. While taking videos on their phone so they would remember all the moments and all the songs forever.

When Marc e. Bassy came out to perform their hit song together “Some Kind of Drug “, girls got so excited and screamed so hard they almost lost their voices.

The set on the stage consisted of things that G-Eazy talked about in all his songs. Having a motel sign, THE SAINT sign with huge lips next to it and lights that said “girls girls girls”. The whole setup looked like a combination of all his songs put together.

Sadly the show came to end, after the whole crowd danced for five hours through each artist that performed. Walking out of the WaMu theater tired but happy like there world had been turn upside down from the music they just heard.