Winter hallway fashion

Simply by being the coldest season, winter allows you to wear literally the most clothing, so the possibilities are endless. (Noir Goldberg)

Ever since the very first time I could see my breath in the morning, I have been excited for the winter ahead of us.

I love seeing the frost when I walk outside, how still the world seems, cozy nights under blankets, winter movies, lighting candles, making cookies and so many other things. The best thing about winter, though, is this: the fashion. 

Simply by being the coldest season, winter allows you to wear literally the most clothing, so the possibilities are endless. I just adore drowning myself in scarves, layering sweaters and coats. Since most of my wardrobe is geared toward colder weather, I appreciate the return of some of my favorite pieces. 

I’ve asked a few friends to tell me any favorites for winter weather, and they were kind enough to share their personal interests in the matter. 

While some were trying out a newer look for themself, like the hoodie plus big jacket combo, others were hyped to return to old favorites, like old Ugg boots they’ve had for six years.

Indeed, I have noticed many pairs of Uggs while going about my day here, especially the newer “tasman” slippers, with the patterned detailing at the ankle and the slight platform giving a versatile yet easy look.

Something I definitely don’t notice as often are turtlenecks, but don’t fret. The perfect article of clothing can keep your neck cozy and be easily removed. The scarf is not only an accessory, but a necessity. A scarf can work to add color and dimension to your outfit and works well with practically anything. However, I am partial to the complementation it gives to an oversized collared jacket.

But what shall keep one’s ears safe from the nipping chill? If it were up to me, I would say out with beanies and in with furry aviator and ushanka hats, but that’s probably just because I have never been blessed with the ability to pull off a beanie. Still, furry hats with ear flaps provide more warmth and ability to style than a beanie does.

My absolute favorite pieces of clothing I’ve been seeing in the hallways of BHS are those big leather jackets, sometimes over a sweater or tee shirt. So rock n roll and so apt for the cold! Add a scarf and there’s a 10 out of 10 outfit.

Now, I completely understand if you want to wear your sweats or pajama pants with a hoodie or sweatshirt. I mean, that is very cozy, and it is the time for coziness.

However, if you’re looking to step it up, I’ve gathered some favorites from select sources which can act as suggestions. These include “fleece lined jackets”, “baggy jeans”, “cardigans”, “oxford doc martens”, “earmuffs”, “leg warmers”, “fingerless gloves” and “big sweaters”. 

So don’t be afraid to experiment with your wardrobe this winter, find what suits you and makes you feel properly dripped out. Don we now our gay apparel, BHS. ‘Tis the season of the scarf.