Techlessly speaking
Techlessly speaking

Done for the season: spring sports wrap-up

Lily Rehfeldt, Staff Reporter
Originally published June 24, 2016

Boys Soccer

Boys Soccer Boys soccer ended the season with an overall 11-3-2, didn’t live up to their high playoff expectations. “Overall the season was really good. The highlights were almost going undefeated and that we worked really hard throughout the season to get there,” junior Payton Lawson said. Lawson’s hopes for the team next year is to qualify for state and build on the success from this season.

Ultimate Frisbee

Ultimate frisbee ended their season with a record of 3-4. “This season was really good, much better than last year,” sophomore Camille Folweiler said. “One of the biggest highlights of the season was that our co-ed team made it to finals and then won a city wide tournament which is a big improvement from last year when I don’t think we even won a game.”

Baseball

The Baseball team ended their season 13-9. “The season was super fun and a great senior year for our seniors. We really struggled at the beginning of the season but after the first four or five games we had a really nice turn around and spent some more time off the field and really bonded,” senior Nick Nishi said. This was Nishi’s last season and he hopes the team will get even better next year because a lot a young guys will have to step and be role models next year.

Tennis

The tennis team had a perfect regular season with a 9-0 record. “The tennis season was very fun we went undefeated in the regular season then made it to the second round of playoffs,” senior Anna Peckham said. There were few low points during the season, Peckham added. But because this was her last season playing tennis for Ballard she hopes that with so many girls are leaving this year she really wishes that some girls step up and take over those positions and continue the success for next year.

Softball

Softball worked super hard throughout the season and playoffs this year and ended the season with an overall record of 18-7. “The softball season was a lot of fun, I really enjoyed being with my teammates playing with them and working hard to get to playoffs,” senior Elizabeth Breckman said. “The overall connection throughout the team was great and the coaches Randy and Joe did a great job.”

Girls Lacrosse

Girls lacrosse ened their hard working season with a 6-5-1 record. “The season went really well and the team really came together at the end. One of the highlights from the season was definitely the Sumner game because we came back to win in a very tight game and that was such a team effort,” senior Ellie Bergeron said. This was Bergeron’s last season playing for ballard but she’s hoping next year that the team can continue to grow and become more successful. “This team is one of my favorite parts of high school and I’m so thankful to have been a part of it,” Bergeron added.